Uw Video Clips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gisle

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in sharing and commenting on some underwater video clips?

This is the thread to present your clips and get comments on your work.

I have a SONY TRV 9E DV-camera that I go scuba diving with in a T-9 housing from UnderSea Video Housings. I have two video lights from the same manufacturer.

Here's a couple of clips to start with, both in Windows Media Video format:

Dancing turtles, Sipadan, Borneo, March 2001

A school of barracuda, Sipadan, Borneo, March 2001

Any comments or other UW video clips are welcome.

But they both look good to me! The dancing turtles are amazing.

I loved them both.....especially the turtles.

Dee once bubbled...
But they both look good to me! The dancing turtles are amazing.

Yeah, it was amazing to dive with all the turtles off Sipadan. We saw at least 10 on each dive, 3-4 times a day for a week. At nightdives we saw them sleeping on shelves at the Drop Off and around the island.

In the evening we saw great leatherback turtles laying eggs.

The barracuda clip is a little blurred on the web-edition. The original DV is bright and clear. Any ideas why it turns blurred with the WMV-compression, any tricks to avoid it?

Gisle once bubbled...
The barracuda clip is a little blurred on the web-edition. The original DV is bright and clear. Any ideas why it turns blurred with the WMV-compression, any tricks to avoid it?

Man...I am NOT the person to answer that one!

Gisle your turtle video clip was so good that I now want to dive and see a turtle...I posted a thread in the marine life section to ask where to go to dive with Turtles.

I've used a quality of 225 kbps and 320x240 pixels for the web-editions of my video clips

Gisle - can you tell me more about what equipment you used? How did you convert into electronic video for the internet?

Sure.

I have a Sony Digital Video camera with a Firewire DV in/out connection to my PC and laptop.

Adobe Premiere makes it all easy - the footage is grabbed to the harddisk almost automaticly. But the editing is quite timeconsuming. There are several alternatives to Premiere.

After editing I put the DV-film back on DV-tape to keep it at high DV quality. I make copies on VHS but I loose quality doing that.

For UW-filming I have a housing from UnderSea www.usvh.com with a twin videolight rig.

Back
Top Bottom