Uw Video Clips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gisle:

Thoroughly enjoyed your clips, particularly the turtles. The beauty of video is you follow the action and are not limited to a single frame. I shoot video and my buddy shoots stills so we are able to complement one another on our dive adventures and share each others results.

The shark needed a bit more illumination -- either a buddy with an additional light from the side or, preferably, your getting closer to the subject so your housing lights provided better illumination. You might have angled your lights up a tad to have provided a bit more illumination on the subject from the distance you were from the subject.

On your barracuda segment I probably would have edited out the other fish going from top to bottom as they were a bit distracting.

Gisle,

The blockies on your video is caused by the selection of codec that you are using to compress it to. I don't use Premiere, I use Cinestream and then compress my video with Media Cleaner Pro, which allows the selection of codec. Usually Sorenson produces the best results.

Word of caution: Copyright all of your video that you place on the web. You have some beautiful footage and there are some folks whether intentional or not may appropriate and mis-use your stuff.

There is a great newsgroup for editing systems of all types without platform or software wars that may provide you more answers and feedback. Contact me privately and I'll hook you up with the link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom