UW pumpkin carving/season finale dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Since it has been brought to my attention that Halloween is on a Tuesday I am proposing that we do an UW pumpkin carving dive on the Saturday evening before Halloween. Details about this will follow in the days to come. Once it gets dark we will return the jack-o-lanterns to the depths appropriately lit with glow sticks or UW lights and take pictures of them. Following this we will depart on a night dive and see how many Ky pirhana's we can awaken. Of course all of this will be preceded by daytime diving, socializing and of course eating. I'm thinking we should volunteer LandLocked to provide the marinated steaks for everybody:D Anyone second the motion???

Seconded, I just hope the doctors will let me back in the water by then! :D

Chris also has to supply the beer. Isn't there a local diver brings the beer and steaks rule at Joe's? BTW, the steaks we had at Natural Springs last weekend were pretty good. :D

I will mark the calendar for that weekend and see what happens. My life has been so strange this year that I don't dare plan anything that far in advance.

Would you settle for beer and bratts this time? I can do a killer
brat in a glaze from liquor.........
Just be sure this time, Wally, DO NOT pick the biggest pumkin in the bin!!!

LOL :rofl2: I think I can say that mine will most likely be the smallest in the bin.

OK, Chris is responsible for all the food for everybody that shows up:D

crpntr133--is there a story you would like to share regarding a previous pumpkin??:D

Sure I will share the story. Chris and I did a pumpkin carving "contest" last year at Joe's. I thought the bigger the better. While that might be true on land it sure makes it difficult to get to the bottom. I forget how much extra weight I had, 20+,and it still didn't want to go to the bottom easily. Meanwhile, Chris is sitting on the bottom just carving away. I was worn out by the time I finished that sucker.

I really thought that pumpkin would win the battle! The top dwellers had
a GREAT time watching the wrestling match there at the surface. I thought
afterwards, we could have made a killing charging admission for the entertainment!

It is truly amzing haow bouyant the darn things are. We will tighten things up on Chris though this year---no sitting on the bottom, must be hovering:eyebrow:

I think both of us would be up to the hover challenge. Make Chris use a butter knife. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom