UW Color Filter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greenbriel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an orange/red filter for ocean use? I am using an E-PL1 in the Olympus housing.

I'd like recommendations for filters that can be used on the stock port with 67mm adapter so I can take it off when going deeper and using strobes or a video light, and also versions that go on the 9-18 lens for when using the zen dome port.

Any insight or experiences greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks Andy, will take a look at Epoque. Curious why you would sell them? Do you not use them much?

-Gabe

Thanks Andy, will take a look at Epoque. Curious why you would sell them? Do you not use them much?

-Gabe

hmmm, that's the way I read it.......

I flooded my old camera. They don't fit my new housing.

Well, I read it wrong...:D

I am looking for the same thing when shooting video. However be aware that the 67mm option will work only for the kit lens from about 35mm to 42mm (depending on how much it protrudes from port). For video the better lens is by far the 9-18mm one or the widest angle of the kit so the best bet is to find a large filter that covers the whole port.
I wrote to Magic filter if the make large sizes or custom sizes but they never answered. For the Zen port you need a filter size in diameter as big or bigger than 120mm or about 4 and 3/4 inch.
My thinking is that if I get the filter I can adapt it to the port with some custome tube...
10 bar on the other hand does make some adapter that fits onto their port (but I bought the zen...)
Hope this helps... find a solution eventually :)

The "Magic Filter" may be taped to the back of the lens so you actually need about an inch Diameter. The sell them in sheets so you can custom cut your own.

Thanks for the info on the custom made sheets from Magic...! If I could now have them answer me!
I will send a 3rd email or I will call them.

The option of having the filter behind lens is not useful in case you want to take it off during a dive (which was the intent of the post I think...)

Cheers
Andrea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom