UW Christmas tree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Any thoughts on doing an UW Christmas tree dive this winter? Doesn't have to be a Christmas tree. Could be any other religious or non religious holiday theme.

Well if it doesn't have to be a tree... I think i left a mister hanky somewhere...feel free to decorate it if you wish.

Whats a mister hanky?

I could be up for that. Someplace in Northern IN they sink a decorated tree every year. The part that sucks is that they don't leave it.
Can we have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree? :D

I think that Mr. Hanky is from Southpark and he looks like a turd.

What do you mean by looks like? He is a turd! Even when he is wearing the Santa hat!

If your feeling better before Sunday Wally, we are going out to Falling Rock.

crpntr133:
I could be up for that. Someplace in Northern IN they sink a decorated tree every year. The part that sucks is that they don't leave it.
Can we have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree? :D

I think that Mr. Hanky is from Southpark and he looks like a turd.

I was involved in the group from Indiana & Ohio that sunk a Christmas tree in Gilboa several years running. We even had a few come down from Canada, eh? We were even featured on a PBS Indiana travel show.

We started as the Quarry Commandos and they have since morphed into the dive club at Divers Supply Indy. I'm not that involved with them that much anymore since several of the Ohio participants have moved West.

The last Christmas Tree we sunk is still down after about 3 years I think. I was at Gilboa a few weekends ago and it was in the stern of the sailboat which is right of the nose of the plane........ We use to have a party to put it down in November and then another to bring it up in January....we never made it back that last January.

Diver Lori:
I was involved in the group from Indiana & Ohio that sunk a Christmas tree in Gilboa several years running. We even had a few come down from Canada, eh? We were even featured on a PBS Indiana travel show.

We started as the Quarry Commandos and they have since morphed into the dive club at Divers Supply Indy. I'm not that involved with them that much anymore since several of the Ohio participants have moved West.

The last Christmas Tree we sunk is still down after about 3 years I think. I was at Gilboa a few weekends ago and it was in the stern of the sailboat which is right of the nose of the plane........ We use to have a party to put it down in November and then another to bring it up in January....we never made it back that last January.
So I don't watch Southpark enough to know that Mr. Hanky is actually a turd. I still want to know who killed Kenny! :wink:

Lori, I think we are talking about the same group. I saw the PBS show..Wonder Indiana. I couldn't believe a couple of the divers and how much they had on, especially for November.

Thanks for the offer Chris but I think I am going to stay at home. Even though gas is down to $2.19 a gallon I still prefere to stay two days. And since I still have a job, don't know if that is good or not, staying Monday is out of the question.

I think everyone has had their turn at killing Kenny!

We are not diving Sunday, things are a real mess after last nights
storm and we have another on the way! :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom