UV Spray on the latex Seal-DUI Tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all drysuit gang,

I have a question about UV spray. I talked with DUI tech yesterday. They said, “Don’t put any UV spray including McNett on the seal and suit.” I just got McNett UV Tech spray and don’t open it yet though. Based on my search in our board, some members used it regular base.

I am talking about a silicon free spray here…

Please let me know your insights.

Thanks in advance,

hoosier:
Hey all drysuit gang,

I have a question about UV spray. I talked with DUI tech yesterday. They said, “Don’t put any UV spray including McNett on the seal and suit.” I just got McNett UV Tech spray and don’t open it yet though. Based on my search in our board, some members used it regular base.

I am talking about a silicon free spray here…

Please let me know your insights.

Thanks in advance,

Did they tell you why you should not use it? I have a TLS350 on which I have used UV Tech for over two years without a problem. My seals are still in almost new condition.

In fact, I just bought a new 350, and even though it has ZipSeals, I am also using it on that one, too.

I don't spray it onto the seals directly. I get a thin sponge, spray it onto that, and then I apply by wiping the seals with the sponge.

"Most people just spray the seals off like the suit. We have found that some
product will make the seal break down faster."

That's what I was told.

ScubaDadMiami:
Did they tell you why you should not use it? I have a TLS350 on which I have used UV Tech for over two years without a problem. My seals are still in almost new condition.

In fact, I just bought a new 350, and even though it has ZipSeals, I am also using it on that one, too.

I don't spray it onto the seals directly. I get a thin sponge, spray it onto that, and then I apply by wiping the seals with the sponge.

hoosier:
"Most people just spray the seals off like the suit. We have found that some
product will make the seal break down faster."

That's what I was told.

The guy that gave me my first bottle is the guy who does the most repairs for DUI in Florida. He sent it back with my suit (sample bottle) after changing my seals (bought my suit used, needed to change the seals). I have been using it ever since.

Thanks for your sharing info. As I mentioned, I also bought UV Tech spray based on my search on this board. However, DUI tech said a totally different comment. So, I have been confused. My suit has neck and wrist zipseals on it, so let's see how it goes.

ScubaDadMiami:
The guy that gave me my first bottle is the guy who does the most repairs for DUI in Florida. He sent it back with my suit (sample bottle) after changing my seals (bought my suit used, needed to change the seals). I have been using it ever since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom