Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mermaidil

I will just agree with everything bubblesdame said about Deep Blue Divers, they are wonderfull, as to the part about being wary of PADI or non PADI shops all i am saying is there is no other certification agency on Utila and you will find that the PADI shops have better equipment, emergency equipment on the boat etc etc if there were full NAUI or SSI etc shops on the island i would also advise people tp look at them but there are not, just look at their equipment meet who you will be diving with.

As for accomodation, there is lots but not that much on the waterfront that you can rent and if you snorkel from them you are not on the reef but just a few minutes walk from town and you can find good snorkeling areas, so it is no that important to be on the ocean.

Best of luck in Utila

I highly recommend Laguna Beach Resort, where I stayed about this time last year. http://www.utila.com/dive.html Undercurrent had a good review a month after I was there that is worth reading.

It's across the lagoon from the village and is a nice little sefl contained place. The beaches at the resort were clean, and you can opt for a 2d afternoon dive by taking an extra tank. They drop you off before coming in for a 'return shore dive' by a decent little wall that makes it worthwhile. They're all inclusive and serve meals, open their kitchen to inspection and you stay on a hut on the water (bay side, with ocean view). They're rustic but clean and with AC. This is the only place I'd stay on Utila. From what I saw in daily trips to town, the rest looked dingey. If you need to check email (as I did regrettably), you have to schedule a trip to one of the two internet cafes in the village. You'll lose a dive or two but the staff and owner are very friendly and accomodating.

Hi Mermaidil,

You where asking where to stay with easy access to the sea I will recomend Bay View Hotel or Margarita Ville. Plenty of dive shops to choose from, I reccomend Deep lue Divers. Have fun and welcome in Paradise

Small Bubbles
Okidoki

Back
Top Bottom