Utila January Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarnBrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

We are considering Utila as our next dive trip in January. I've done a fair bit of googling and searching various forums but I can't seem to find a good description of the conditions in Jan. I know it is the end of rainy season, so viz can be slightly less than normal depending on how much rain has fallen. I'm looking more for water temps and general weather conditions. I even emailed one of the on island dive ops but their answer of 'water temps range from 76 to 82 degrees' is obviously not much help. Maybe that was the range over the entire year! :rolleyes:Any input is appreciated, TIA!

When I go back to Roatan, it will not be land based. I love the route Aggressor has to see both Roatan and Utila in 1 weeks time. The conditions from a liveaboard won't matter at that point.

But 77 and below, I would do a 5 mil.

you'll have surface water temps of 79-80f in January. Right now its 86f and getting ready to go down as the rains start

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom