UTD RS350AG drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The UTD suits are made by ROFOs, a very well respected brand out of Italy. From the feedback I've got they are an excellent suit comparable to high end Santi suits. I've never owned/dived one but if I ever had the money it would be on the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking suit. Seeing though you are in the UK what about Otter? I recently switched to the Otter Britannic Mk2 and am really pleased with it.

Like said above, the suit is made by Rofos and is in line with the RS350TR that is marketed under the Rofos label. The feedback that we've gotten from divers is it's a tough suit and they really like the breathable material.

I own a Rofos drysuit and love it. Don't hesitate to buy one. The UTD version is a rebranded, and IMO not as good as the RS450Cave. But again, it all depends on your uses.

I have been in contact with Rofos, regarding the RS350 drysuit and i got the information that the breathable material of the RS350 is not so durable. They told me that "We consider its life not more than 400 hours of diving".

Good to know.......

Rhetorical question alert: Is there a good reason why the suit from UTD is $2300 when the same suit is <$1600 from another on-line vendor?**
https://www.planetdivestore.com/dive/suits/diving-dry-suits/

I didn't bother looking into shipping rates from Italy (or customs duty, if any), but the ~$700 difference would go a long way...
FWIW, the description of the suit at UTD is identical (as in copy & paste). Well, the UTD suit is red, not black...

Also, the UTD price varies depending on which store you choose from the drop down: $2299 at the "San Diego watersports" store vs. $2799 at the "UTD Scuba Diving" store.

I guess those UTD arm patches are REALLY expensive...

I wonder if the material is like Goretex that needs to be treated ocassionaly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom