USVI With Canon S40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eli

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks for sharing, Eli. Very nice!

Nice pics, Eli. I just bought a Canon A70 and was wondering if that could be used to take pics like that. I have no underwater photography experience and very little diving experience, but after seeing all of the incredible creatures while diving in Cozumel I would like to show friends what I'm talking about. How much did your setup cost and do you need the strobe to take decent pics? BTW, I am also off exit 131 in S. Plainfield.

Thanks for your kind comments Dee, and NJ devilsfan. I always enjoy your photos, Dee. They are wonderful.

As far as the A70, I am not personally familiar with that camera, but I imagine that you would do pretty well. The canon wpdc700 housing will set you back about $160 dollars, but is a great investment as you can then use the camera in all kinds of weather and conditions. Get a jar of silica gel packs. They work better than the antifog that comes with the casing. I found that the 3 gm pillow packs were small enough for my S40 and wpdc300 housing.
http://www.desiccare.com/cgi-local/...pak.htm?L+scstore+rgcj8238ffbe12be+1071004150
If you are only going to take blue underwater panoramas, or flash photos within an arms length, then you dont need an external flash. Otherwise an external strobe is a good investment. How much it costs will depend on which one you get. You will need one that can sync with your camera, like the ikelite ds 50 or 125, or the Sea and Sea YS25 or YS90 DX.

I also use photoshop. I dont consider it cheating!

Im practically your neighbor, I live in Edison.
Happy shooting!

Back
Top Bottom