USS Oriskany in 3D - Project update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
we are about to sink the virtual USS Oriskany but I need to confirm the orientation.

So far the only info I could find is that the USS Oriskany is "sitting upright with bow facing South" ....

Does anyone have more precise data?

Thanks

Alberto

She sits upright on the bottom in 212 feet of water. Bow faces due south. Top of the structure is 84 feet, Flight Control Bridge is 105 to the middle of the door. Nav Bridge is 115 and the top of the Flag Bridge is 130. The radome deck behind the smokestack is 125. Flight Deck is 148 - 150, depending on where you put your depth gauge.

Hope this helps.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

Oriskany_40.jpg

Oriskany_41.jpg

Oriskany_42.jpg

Oriskany_43.jpg

That looks pretty awesome!

Thanks.

Shortly we should be able to show her underwater :D

NICE!!! other than the Sol being on my wrist(and using a different display), doesn't look too far off from when i was there

OMG I Love what you do lol i wish i could do that but i use s****** Sketchup lol Love it good job guys

Alberto,

I've got a couple of questions regarding your registration to use the diving simulator.

1) Why is there different registrations for divers, professionals and shops? Is there any benefit to me registering under one vs. another?
2) Professionals shows Instructor/Divemasters, but the actual form asks for Instructor cert #. Is this an oversight?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom