Using Our Gallery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fpoole, thanks for the suggestions, perhaps a single photo on the sidebar is the answer for us as well!

I have posted to the Galleries, but 95% of the time I can't view my or others' galleries, just the "recent photos" that appear at the top of the main gallery page. I followed the instructions on the Tech Support forum to change my user options, but that doesn't seem to work. Pretty frustrating to use. Same result on both my work computer (on DSL) and my home laptop (dialup 56k modem). After getting this problem here, when I go to another website with galleries or photos, those photos also take a long time to load, if at all. But if I log on to those websites before I hit Scubaboard, the other websites load OK. Any suggestions on what I can do on my side to get my Gallery to load properly all the time?

marpacifica:
I have posted to the Galleries, but 95% of the time I can't view my or others' galleries, just the "recent photos" that appear at the top of the main gallery page. I followed the instructions on the Tech Support forum to change my user options, but that doesn't seem to work. Pretty frustrating to use. Same result on both my work computer (on DSL) and my home laptop (dialup 56k modem). After getting this problem here, when I go to another website with galleries or photos, those photos also take a long time to load, if at all. But if I log on to those websites before I hit Scubaboard, the other websites load OK. Any suggestions on what I can do on my side to get my Gallery to load properly all the time?

That sounds like the same trouble I used to have. I was using IE. I'd have to re-boot the computer before I could see pics on any other website.

After installing WinXP, all is fine for me now.

OK...I have been tempted time and again to add some of my images to a gallery here. Which category? Member galleries? I'm a bit confused with the choices...I don't want to have a 100 galleries separated by fish type etc...

Alcina,
When you go to upload a photo you can either select "Member Galleries (the default option) or you can select a specific category that describes the photo. This second option is not mandatory but is simply used to help users surfing through the image collection find photos of a specific niche (with over 4,000 photos you can see why categories help). Many if not the majority of our photos are uploaded directly to the "Member Galleries" category which just means it has no category specification but simply appears in your gallery linked to your name and not in any other category. A final option is to create your own categories (like Greece Trip 2004 or California Coast) and select that category but again, that is simply an option.

Bottom line, worry about the category only if you want to, otherwise simply browse for the photo, enter a title (as breif as you like) and hit upload, our system will do the rest. No matter what category you select you can always view all of your photos by clicking the "My Gallery" link on the navigation bar in the gallery area.

Wow, 27 great photos in an hour, very nice!

A few ways, one you can post a link of the page:

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5396/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

OR

you can make a friendly link using the post editor/ bb codes like: view my image of xxx

OR

you can post the thumbnail as a link or just the thumbnail and a link like:

To do this copy the source of the thumbnail (right click, select properties, highlight the url and copy/paste).

The options are clearly more and more complex but using our post tool you can do most of the work with copy, paste and some graphical icons, or you can just post a link!

Tech Admin,

Thanks for the extra space in the gallery!! I was posting elsewhere because I was running out of space on SCUBABOARD. Now I have ooodles!! Great.

Trying the linked thumbnail option below:

url]

I use the gallery but found that it would be nice to be able to select many photos at a time and not just one. I may be not working it right but zip is not an option for us mac users. Well not with out alot of work on this end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom