Using Our Gallery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
That sounds like the same trouble I used to have. I was using IE. I'd have to re-boot the computer before I could see pics on any other website.

After installing WinXP, all is fine for me now.

Dee, I have WinXP on my home laptop and the photos still don't seem to load properly. Rebooting doesn't seem to fix it. Help!

Man...I don't know ther than to change your theme to SB Custom Theme No Gallery.

Are you using IE as your browser? That was my problem. Amazingly, I could see the gallery fine using AOL. I still prefer the No Gallery Theme. I don't need the gallery visible all the time and I don't have the strip of ads at the top.

Like this?

5097IMG_2825a-med.JPG

Look at that - it does work!

Thanks!

Marc

Dee, yes I'm using IE (Internet Explorer, right?). If that's the problem, then will Netscape as a browser work? The No Galleries option doesn't work for me. Tried it and no go. I have to confess I'm not too good with computers, but I can follow directions (as long as they're not coming from the back seat of a car...).

Does Scubaboard hosting allow us to link to our galleries outside of Scubaboard?

Marc

FLL Diver:
Does Scubaboard hosting allow us to link to our galleries outside of Scubaboard?

Marc

yes, you can.... See Here

Make sure you get the URL from the enlarged photo, not the thumbnail!

Well...that's a surprise! They have a block on scubaboard hotlinks. What'd we do to them?!? Strange, they both showed up when I posted them. Guess they don't like the competition! :D

Doesn't work on DDN either. I suppose my answer should be no. I'll try to find out why.

Hotlinking is banned at this time because well, some other sites decided that instead of running their own gallery or asking permission from our users they would just link to our photos and use up our bandwidth without showing the all important copyright notices about your photos.

I'm sorry to hear that, it will keep alot of people from using our gallery. Embedding our photos on the internet is a huge reason why we store them online to start with.

It's a shame our members suffer because some yahoos don't play fair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom