Using Oceanic first stage on a HP tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron63

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering buying steel tanks. Can I use my Oceanic yoke first stage on the tank valve if it is HP or would I need to switch to a DIN connection? If the HP tanks cannot be used with the yoke connection I always have the option of getting LP steel tanks, just don't seem to be able to find them in the size that I want though!

Thanks,

Ron

You can use your yoke regs on either hp or lp. I do it all the time the yoke is rated if you look at it to 3500 psi. This is a conservative rating. That said I'm converting to DIN because I'm going tech anyway and all my tanks save for two have convertible manifolds and valves. But I also have six regs so I'm keeping a couple yoke to use them and for travel with rental tanks.

It depends on two things. First the style of yoke you have on your regulator now, some are large enough to fit over a DIN valve of either 200 or 300 bar. The second is the style of DIN valve. Most of the 200 bar valves will accept an insert to convert it to yoke, not all of the 300 bar valves though will accept an insert. The newer HP cylinders (3442 psi) generally come with 200 bar DIN valves that already have the inserts so they can be used with yoke regulators.

Bobby

Back
Top Bottom