Using a single tank on a wing desgined for twin sets -Advice / How to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually the singles wing looks very similar to DRIS wing sold in the US.

EDIT: BTW, the wing itself is more expensive by $50 than the package. Interesting pricing policy.

I would recomend not using that wing for a single tank, it will be extremly hard to get the air out. Get the set up and then get a single tank wing for the single. We have a single tank adapeter for $59.95 and that is the complete set with the nuts and bolts. Here is the link Hollis Hollis, Single Tank Adapter w/ Bolts & Nuts, V2 Tech AccessoriesMasks, Fins, BCD's, Regulators, Computers, Flash Lights, Cases, Boxes, Wet Suits, Dry Suits, Log Books, Cameras, Defog, Slap Straps, DPV, Snorkles, Tanks, Cylinders, Watches, Kniv

Divers supply has the whole kit for singles wing for about $300.

Guys the OP is from Australia (I think), so shipping will probably kill the deal.

Yeah some of the USA shops pointed out have great deals but add 600-100 dollars for postage and the deal isnt so good. I think ill skip on the offer, its good but i think i should just save a bit of money and buy a big brand one with a few extra bells and whistles.

Hopeing to do my tech courses in the next few months and that will give me a better idea as to what works for me.

Yeah some of the USA shops pointed out have great deals but add 600-100 dollars for postage and the deal isnt so good. I think ill skip on the offer, its good but i think i should just save a bit of money and buy a big brand one with a few extra bells and whistles.

Hopeing to do my tech courses in the next few months and that will give me a better idea as to what works for me.

Sorry, so conclusion are you buying the Adreno rig or something else?

I think ill skip on the offer, its good but i think i should just save a bit of money and buy a big brand one with a few extra bells and whistles.

If you're looking to do tech, you probably don't want the bells and whistles.

Also note that the T50 wing is a donut wing, something else to consider when buying a doubles wing.

Actually shipping to Australia via USPS flat rate is about 45.00 for something like a BPW set up. And if you go with a set up like a HOG or DSS singles rig no STA is needed. I've owned/own and used both and they work very well. Tank stays rock solid. I have three singles singles wings now and none require the use of an STA. And if doing warm water you could use an aluminum plate for singles or doubles. I have an older wing now that I am looking to sell or will just set up as a student rig on an al plate. I'm in the US but I'd be willing to bet the OP could find one local with a little searching. That'd be the way I'd go now if I wasn't sure what I wanted. No reason to buy new.
And completely agree that if you are serious about going tech don't junk the rig up with useless crap like padding, extra d rings, fancy adjustments, etc. A tech instructor is likely going to make you remove all of it and reconfigure it anyway if you've not gotten advice on how to set up a hogarthian rig. I know I would with a new tech student.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom