Using a pony. Mix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, planning with a higher SAC makes the dive LESS stressful. If you were to plan a dive for a low SAC, you are going to be motivated to try to consciously keep your consumption rate down. This is added stress that a new diver does not need. I typically have a lot more gas than I need, so I give gas consumption negligible thought while diving and makes me more relaxed.

Doesn't mean I am not going to keep an eye on it, but planning with a very low SAC makes you WEAK!!! You can not swim hard against a current or expend any extra energy (that you had not planned) because your SAC will go up significantly. If you have decent cardiovascular conditioning, somewhat strong legs and extra air, you have a lot more "reserve" to work with, this means you are STRONG should something unexpected arise.

Back
Top Bottom