Using 7mm hard sole booties for hiking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend a cross country or trail running sneaker. Get synthetic socks too. I get mine relatively inexpensive from Old Navy. Make sure you get the "Sport" socks. I'd go for the black ones if you are hiking in them. I think they around $12 for a pack of three. I wear them everyday. Low cut ones for any time, and crew style for my 12 hour paramedic shift. THey have extra material on the bottom which really cushions them nice. The boots that were suggested seem nice, but mabe way too much. I don't think using fins with them would be comfortable, and 7mm will make your feet HOT! They probably do a good job at what they do but maybe overkill. I don't like getting things that try to do too many jobs at once.

Pennsylvania State Parks - McConnells Mill - PA DCNR
This is why I got the boots I did. If your looking for a strickly Hiking Shoe/Boot by all mean go with the other suggestions. As far as wet shoes that you can hike in these are the Best ones we found. I like the anckle support over the rocks. Yes, they are pricey. I use to wear Chuck Taylors fish heads and found that the canvas rots out too easily. I have had these a yr now and they seem to be holding up pretty good. Just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom