using 3mm boots on a fullfoot fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamram

Registered
Reaction score
hi,

this may sound silly but i'm interrested on buying a GARA 3000LD or the 2000HF but the problem is, my LDS are only selling big sizes (11 up) and I'm wearing size 9" only.

would it be safe and ok to use the fullfoot GARA with a booty together with a fin keeper ? Open heel Riffe is out of my budget and these are the only two long blade fins available in may area. I do a lot of shore dives (4x a month) and once a month boat dive.

tia

Yes. We use a neoprene sock or light bootie without a thick sole for cold water diving on fins with full footpockets. As with any fin, comfort and fit is utmost. So if too tight, too loose, causes cramping, etc.; the fin is useless. I use 4mm Argos Extreme booties. Check out the Freediveshop and SCUBASWorld sites for ideas.

Neoprene socks would also help prevent blisters or sore spots on your feet.

Here's a link to Northwest River Supply. They specialize in white water kayak, rafting and canoe equipment, but the gloves and socks work for diving. Their Rodeo sock may be the best answer for the oversize foot pockets on your fins.

NRS Home - Apparel - Footwear - Socks

hi,

this may sound silly but i'm interrested on buying a GARA 3000LD or the 2000HF but the problem is, my LDS are only selling big sizes (11 up) and I'm wearing size 9" only.

would it be safe and ok to use the fullfoot GARA with a booty together with a fin keeper ? Open heel Riffe is out of my budget and these are the only two long blade fins available in may area. I do a lot of shore dives (4x a month) and once a month boat dive.

tia

Not Silly at all. I wear my full foot Gull Wrap fin with one of the 3mm boots shown here:
Gull Boots

Boots no. 4 to no. 9 are designed to be worn with full-foot fins. Much better than bare foot.

Back
Top Bottom