USIA Superstretch vs DUI Powerstretch fleece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger:
Thanks for the information Jerry. You might want to educate some of the LDS's that sell the USIA gear. When I inquired about the superstretch I was told by the manager of my LDS that it was for warm water diving and didn't have much more thermal retention than a thin layer of poly pro's. I was then told that I should order the Exotherm III.

I think I will get them to order me one since my Exotherm II's XL-Short fits me to a tee.

Again, Thanks,
Jeremy

Not Jerry's fault , it's mine! I'm also the rep for USIA in the Southeast. USIA has really only started to show up here lately so there is still some learning to be done by all.

LG Diver:
Hi Jerry. Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered a Superstretch from my LDS on Friday. I've already bought a pair of Patagonia mid-weight Capilene underwear from REI to wear under the Superstretch. I tend to get cold easily, but I figure that this combo should keep even me warm in Monterey. I'll report back after I've had a chance to dive them.

-John

h

John,

I'm sure many will watch for your report -- I know I will! Thanks for starting this thread!

Jeff

USIA:
We have been slammed since January on our undergarments. We supply a large percentage of the US Coast Guard with their Undergarments and they won't stop calling.:blinking: If you place an order, make sure you tell your LDS you met me on Scuba Board and I'll try to rush it through.

Will do. Thanks for the offer Jerry. As long as the suit gets here by the time my drysuit gets back from having new boots put on, I'll be good to go.

Quick update: The Superstretch undergarment arrived at my LDS on Wednesday- two days earlier than expected. Thanks Jerry! Build quality looks outstanding. It seems every bit as thick as the DUI 300g fleece, and appears to be the same double layer Polartech Powerstretch fleece (except in black... bonus!). Very nice soft interior finish, and a smooth outer finish that should move freely against the drysuit. I'm hoping to get it out to Monterey soon, and I'll give more details then, but so far I'm very impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom