Usia or Dui Drysuit for NW diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also have a TLS 350. Fit and comfort are great.Dries in 10 minutes. The material seems kind of thin,if I was penetrating wrecks I would be prety concerned about puncturing it but (hopefully!) it will stand up fine to regular diving.

I am fortunate enough to fit a standard large. Got mine off Ebay for under $1000. It had never been wet.

Stick with a laminate if you can. Buddy took his CF200 diving last fall, still hanging to dry today. The only good thing about the CF suit is that it's dang near indestructible. But, unless you're doing commercial work, or doing some gnarly wrecks, not really worth it. The TLS and CLX lines are real nice, and the TLS SE (shoulder entry) gets you in at an affordable price, if you don't mind the back entry. Otherwise, the DUI suits are awesome. The TLS 350 and CLX 450 have the telescoping torso, which makes getting in so easy, and I was actually able to reach behind and over my head in it. The material on the TLS may seem thin, but it's pretty dang tough (the Coasties and the SEALs use it).
Of course, the most important thing for a drysuit is to find one that fits you and that you like. If you're not comfortable diving the suit, you're not going to dive well. Watch out for urethane linings, as they tend to delaminate which can cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom