Usia or Dui Drysuit for NW diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubacca

Reaction score
Any opinions on USIA Aqua Pro custom vs. DUI CF 200x or 50/50 drysuit purchase? Is it really worth spending the extra $1000.00 or so for the DUI.

Please advise. Thanks

Lots-a-Links...

Hello Scubacca,

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

As a newly addicted diver, you may want to have a look here as well: New Divers & Those Considering Diving.

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > Pacific NorthWest Orca Bait.

Have a go here: Exposure Suits.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

This message brought to you by GreetBot R/3 :D

I went with the High Tide SE. It is custom fit, comes with all the bells and whistles and is made locally by a really great guy.

Tim

After owning three dysuits and trying several others I now have a CF 200 and would dive nothing else. For the extra cost it is worth it in quality, comfort and fit. Kind of like driving a Kia vs a BMW.

Just me 2 cents worth

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

There is quite a bit of difference between the suits you have listed as considering. Each has some postive and negatives.

1) USIA is lower cost but will not fit as well nor be as durable.
2) CF200 is very durable but is also very expensive, heavy when wet and takes a long time to dry.
3) DUI 50/50 has the draw backs and benefits of both.

I would suggest a trilaminate shell suit as better alternative. It less expensive than CF200 and more durable than the USIA bilaminate. A trilam suit dries very quickly and is easy to field repair.

You get what you pay for. I'm with pug, a DUI tri-lam suit is hard to beat. Their easy to pack good bouy. aspects, dry quickly, and in the case of the CLX 450, is a tough son of a gun!

You're Lucky, you have a dive shop localy that leads the World in DUI and USIA. Go to the shop, try them on and see if the sizing part matters. Get them to let you try them in the pool. If you can find a reason to like or dislike either one, then it gets easier. FIND the STORE MANAGER to help you.

If you can't find a reason to like or dislike, for your use, then I think it gets down to $$ and that's almost 2X1.

good luck, don O

DUI 7 year warranty

USIA Lifetime seam warranty- where many report the DUI leaking!

custom fit is always the way to go.

Both are great suits. I'm on my second USIA. The first one lasted 14 years with no leaks other than worn out seals and a zipper replacement but that is normal wear and tear on a drysuit. I have never seen anyone puncture the fabric on a USIA Aqua Pro or Pro Plus drysuit. I've seen boots get holes but that can be expected. I love my suit and it fits fine. I was measured for mine and paid the extra few bucks to get it made for my measurements but it fits great. Plus, they are made right here in Oregon and the turn around for repair work is great.

Back
Top Bottom