Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mentioned earlier on the big feature of these fins and the ability to take them apart.
here is pretty much all I need for dive gear for a warm water trip
51563A44-A13D-46D1-B683-CA6041FCCA8C.jpeg

putting in the flat filler stuff
36E323CE-33C1-486C-80B1-F30983BA0911.jpeg

the aqua lung outlaw, disassembled, 3/2mm wetsuit regulator, full size fins plus some swim suit and rash guards extra clothes
664D7EE7-673E-4B8F-B63D-B783FBB290F2.jpeg
E5F7952D-C4E9-4F0F-BD40-3955ABD0DD9F.jpeg

9E6D8970-F887-413F-88E7-741489E209C6.jpeg
it’s all in there.

off to Puerto Vallarta for 10 days. It’s not a regular dive trip but I should get a few days in.

Mentioned earlier on the big feature of these fins and the ability to take them apart.
here is pretty much all I need for dive gear for a warm water trip
View attachment 772195
putting in the flat filler stuff
View attachment 772196
the aqua lung outlaw, disassembled, 3/2mm wetsuit regulator, full size fins plus some swim suit and rash guards extra clothesView attachment 772197View attachment 772198
View attachment 772199it’s all in there.

off to Puerto Vallarta for 10 days. It’s not a regular dive trip but I should get a few days in.
Paired with the outlaw you really do have the perfect warm water travel set up

I tried the Nova Gorrilas. They crushed the top of my foot. The harder I finned the more they crushed it. Sold them.
As someone with 'lower' feet (less tall?), the Gorillas are fantastic for me. Perfect fit with my thin, open water booties. HOWEVER, I will add that you really do need boots with extra rubber padding on the toes and front of the ankle (if you know what I mean) - where the end of top of the foot pocket is.

The issue is in colder water I'll wear bigger boots, and in this case, my Mares Avanti Quatro+ fins are a much better fit. Both are medium, but the Mares fins have very wide pockets by comparison.

That said, for me, the normal Novas are WAY too soft for me, especially for any sort of current. They just flop around. The Gorillas keep up in every condition I've been in; though there is a limit like the normal Novas.

Just did 8 days of diving in curaçao with the super nova, truly great fins for cold home waters and for travel, very nice control, I can even back fin and I’m no good at that.

Just did 8 days of diving in curaçao with the super nova, truly great fins for cold home waters and for travel, very nice control, I can even back fin and I’m no good at that.

The SuperNova Tek are out now :)

Any more feedback regarding how the Super Nova Seawing compares to the Gorilla Seawing in terms of stiffness and power?
I have both. Gorillas are stiffer but not much stiffer. The Supernovas from what I heard, feel more like Gorillas in terms of stiffness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom