User gallery jump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevreid

Contributor
Reaction score
The last few times I have been viewing someones gallery, including mine, I will be clicking on "next image" and it suddenly jumps to another persons gallery. I've had this happen in slide show as well. Any ideas?

That's just how it works when the gallery runs out of photos.

Tech Admin:
That's just how it works when the gallery runs out of photos.

It's not at the end of the gallery. I just went to SeaYoda's gallery as an example. He has multiple pages of pictures. I click "view this users gallery", after the third picture it took me to someone elses gallery. I then went to my gallery, selected a point to start about mid way through my gallery, made it through 33 pictures of mine before it changed to someone elses gallery.........still more photo's in mine past the point the change to someone elses gallery happened.

Are you sure you started at picture number one?

Tech Admin:
Are you sure you started at picture number one?

On SeaYoda's I started on the first image. On mine, I started midway in on purpose. I just tried it on mine starting on the first image.........it jumped.
I wouldn't think it would matter where one started, the instruction is "view this users gallery" so one would expect to be in only that users gallery :06:

It is still changing Galleries tonight. Anyone else have this problem?

It's something that simply exists in the script... not a problem so much as a feature change, so yes, I'm sure others have it.

Tech Admin:
It's something that simply exists in the script... not a problem so much as a feature change, so yes, I'm sure others have it.

I think it's a problem if you go to a gallery to admire a persons work and end up viewing someone else's pictures. I'm not sure how that is a positive feature change.

It's not how I would have written the feature but we didn't write that software. I have requested that the vendor look into this for a future version.

Back
Top Bottom