Used Regs???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAKristey

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinions on purchasing used regs from a highly reputable dive shop? This is a place that is very good about keeping their rental regs up to snuff, and only suing htem for a year, maybe two.

Thanks!

Kristey

As long as it's been maintained reasonably well and was decent quality to start with it will be fine.

Tom

I suggest you compare cost with new regs from discount sources. In general, regulators don't wear out, there technology just gets old. So age should not be a problem as long as it has been well maintained.

Awap,
Thats true - to a point. US Divers / Aqua Lung hasn't changed much in their design (except cosmetics) (from what LDS's have told me) and AL's literature in the past 30 years - except, the parts are made from newer space age materials.

Other than that - like 2 of their diapraghms will fit all models.

How's THAT for an LDS to maintain a small parts inventory that will service MANY models?

:)

Funny u guys should mention Aqualung/U.S. Divers. I bought my first reg used (with one repair ring left). It was an old-ish model of U.S. Divers with big vents off the sides. Never gave me a moment's grief. Price was fair. The LDS stood behind it. When it disappeared on me, I bought an Aqualung brand-new lower-end model. Don't care for it. If the coice is a good older reg & a cheap new one, I will get the older one next time.

Funny....here in Canada, USD never used "repair rings." Only Sherwood did.

I bought a second hand sherwood maximus not long ago off a guy that used to own a dive shop. Seems to be okay, have taken it to 30m... a little hard to pull a breath above 15m but I reckon some tuning should fix that.

As long as the regs are serviced they will last for many years of great diving.

I bought a set 7 years ago and they are still going great guns on my Pony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom