Used/refurbished drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are used or refurbished drysuits worth the discounted price? I've made up my mind to get a DUI drysuit, but the price of a new one is a bit much to handle right now. I've seen used ones on Ebay, or refurbished ones from DUI themselves. Any thoughts?

Mel

This is reasonable question.

Yes the new one even though I believe to be worth every penny, are rather expensive and not everyone effort that.

As long as you know the person and can trust them, then it should not be a problem. The only problem I have with the Ebay or any other type of service is that you have not guarantee.

The DUI site is a very could place to go if it is in your price range. They will guarantee the suit and they would have tested it be it was shipped anyway.

Good Luck to you.

on ebay. It is in very good condition and I've added bellows pockets ($65) and a p-valve ($35). However, the seals are cut slightly large for my build and I'm hassling with some minor seepage. New seals will be another $125-150.

Still, even with all the add-ons, this deal gets me diving dry for well under a $1K. Compare that to a new DUI and it's a considerable discount.

If you can use a stock size suit, there are some pretty good deals on 'pre-owned' stuff...check ebay, Cave Diver forum, GUE site.

If this isn't much of an issue. Then I have a Harvey's suit that would let go for about $300.

I have a large DUI cf200 dry suit with new latex seals put in by Blue Water divers in NJ a DUI authorized dealer. I had them leak test it and I have not used it sice I got it back from them last spring. I decided against cold water diving. Please private message me if you are interested I will make you a fair deal.

Back
Top Bottom