used LP 95's--good price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
a dive shop here has used LP95s here for 200 each.
they both have current VIS and hydro I believe.
good price? should I snap these up? what other questions should I ask as these would be my first tanks

Its OK I guess, you can by brand new ones for $250. You said 'I believe' on the hydro and visual. You want to be sure. It would be a shame if they could not pass hydro get tossed out. See when the last hydro was. Its not expensive to get a new one if the date is close. Check on the last visual date. It doesn't take long and its cheap to get a new one. Best to be sure of what your getting. I would ensure the valve is the kind of valve that you want for your regs and the type of diving you do.

How old are they? That's pretty high unless they're a year or two into their original hydrop. I bought brand new LP85s last year for $200 each.

where do you see them for 250 new?
anyway 400 is about what I've got to spend.
he told me yesterday about the hydro I think they're very current but I don't remember exactly. I will ask again

Seems like an OK price. I had one that was about a year and a half old, nitrox clean, that I sold on eBay, back in June. I got about $180 for it and the buyer paid like $30 for shipping. Some were bringing a little more than that, so too bad for me.

New steel tanks will probably get more expensive as our US Dollar declines in value. Most are made in Italy, and some are from Canada. Now may be a good time to buy.

I have never seen LP 95's for 250 new. I just paid $295 for new tank at my LDS on Long Island (NY). $200 seems like an OK price for my area.

Back
Top Bottom