Question Used i550 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

starsea

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at buying a used Aqualung i550 (no bluetooth). Any suggestions about what to look for as far as correct function while in the surface?

Manual is attached. You can see what the surface display is supposed to be. There are also a couple of calibration checks mentioned in the boldface type on page 49.

Beyond that you can look at the general condition. Maybe refer to page 50 and open the battery compartment to make sure there's no corrosion and that the o-ring is OK. You'll probably want to replace the battery and o-ring if you buy the computer. It's a CR2450 which is around $2.

Attachments

• i550C_Owner_s-Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Be careful with the battery compartment cover. Some of the early ones were brittle and would crack when you tried to remove/replace it after changing the battery. Find a tool that fits the slot, try to avoid using a screwdriver. I have two i550s and they are good computers but I can’t find any more battery covers so if either of these go I’m in trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom