Used Gear... Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you purchase it I would be interested in the Sea Tec horse collar.

horse collar has "cool" factor, and there is a first generation SP Air-2 in there too. Its such a cross generation collection, it would be better to get parts (like the Trans-Pac, or the regs) that match your needs, though some might be interested in pieces you wouldn't use if you purchased the whole lot. Not sure $800 is good though. I wouldn't spend that much on what is there.....

Not bad equipment all in all. The Sherwoods are not high preforming regs but they are very rugged, dependable regs. To me the price is a little on the high side, if the regs were a little higher end I would feel a little better about the price. The tanks are the deal breaker/maker in this. IF they were made after 1990 then the deal is good, if not then the deal is not. Some aluminum tanks made before 90 were made of a different alloy of alum and had issues. Many dive shops will not fill them reguarless of the actual alloy and even if they have been properly inspected. They are safe to use if properly inspected but it's just no worth the hassle, it's best to avoid pre 1990 ALUMINUM tanks, steels are fine.
If you get it, that old Dacor BC appears to have a yellow backpack in it, if it does.....I may be interested in it, I don't have a yellow one. :)

Back
Top Bottom