Used equipment,Pennform console help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasanch

New
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I have a diving trip planned next month and was going to rent equipment, but a friend offered me his used gear. I took the old Pennform 3 gauge console in to get checked out and the pressure gauge is leaking..full of water and debris. I was told by the dive shop that a new gauge cannot be installed in this console . He wants to sell me a new console for $160. I rarley dive, but am enthusiastic about getting back into it. Getting this equipment for free will help alot. I would like to use it for now if possible, and then upgrade at some point. I do not entirely believe or trust this guy, which sucks cuz I am a potential repeat customer in a city with few shops. He also made it sound as if he won't check out the BCD, regulator, or anything else until I call to tell him what I want to do about the pressure gauge.Any advice is much appreciated, thanks, Jason

I would check elsewhere. Sounds like he wants your money, not a customer. All the signs are there and you seem to see them. Don't let any shop take advantage of you. Why don't you rent a reg setup from him (or preferably another shop) and see if the pressure guage from that setup fits your console. Or you could measure the face of your guage and call the manufacturers to get the specs on their spgs. Chances are that its a standard size unless its really old or just an oddball setup. Shops often prey on new divers ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom