used dry suit with a p-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacek

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi, would anyone buy a second hand dry suit with a p valve ? is it hygienic ? it may seem like a stupid question but I have no experience in this and never use one..p-valve that is. thanks:doctor:

if it was a good deal i probably would. i'd then attack the p-valve with the most aggressive bug killing agent i could find, you know, like agent orange or something :wink:
nawww, i think some peroxide will do the trick :)

and if that doesnt work for you you can always replace the whole thing.

even though the suit has it, do I still need to use it? what are the chances of a p-valve go bad?

jacek once bubbled...
even though the suit has it, do I still need to use it? what are the chances of a p-valve go bad?

no you dont have to use the p-valve, they are not very likely to break.

Use a 7-10% bleach solution. It will kill anything you are worried about.

jacek once bubbled...
Hi, would anyone buy a second hand dry suit with a p valve ? is it hygienic ? it may seem like a stupid question but I have no experience in this and never use one..p-valve that is. thanks:doctor:

A p-valve can be a handy addtition.You can hydrate like crazy before your dive and still be able to relieve yourself during the dive.

Some p-valves use a bolt to seal the hole so there is no chance of leaking. Others are balanced and shouldnt let water in. Mine is balanced and still uses a bolt for a little added safety.

Back
Top Bottom