USD "Wrap around" mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A friend gave this thing to me,.
Can anyone tell me the aproximate age?

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 474
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 169
I can tell you Aqua-Lung first brought them out in 1967.

I have two. One I dive regularily.

I don't know the age but here is an odd bit of info that I am curious about:

One I have has the same markings as yours but has hex bolts top and bottom. The second has no markings at all except "Taiwan" by the nose yet has hex bolts on top and screws on the bottom (like yours). I wonder if the second is a knock off or still a wraparound and what the deal is on the hex bolt/screws.

Nice mask. Can be used as a lift bag if neccisary :D

Picture2004-1-1.jpg

The Aqualung 2004 catalog says that they are "Available in Clear and Black silicone." I have a Dacor three-window mask that looks almost the same, and it is my primary mask right now. How old this one (above) is would be anyone's guess, but it probably dates into the 1980s.

SeaRat

That mask is still in production. I bought mine in 1977 and I haven't found a mask that fits me better yet. I've added bifocals so I can read my guages and a new strap over the years. Still good to go.

I've got one that I bought back in the 70's. I don't use it anymore. I bought a low volume USD wraparound silicone mask a few years back and have been very happy with it. Walmart $16.00

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom