USCG BIBB and DUANE dive report, thursday, 4/24/14, pics,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
super day on the water off the upper keys today. pool like conditions: calm winds, flat seas, sunny skies. finding good visibility has been an issue all week and today was no exception. clean green water on the outer reef, so we elected to double on the wrecks in search of better viz. didn't find it! 1st dive the BIBB, buoy B1(stern). snotty blue water, particulates throughout water column, viz 50FT, minimal tidal flow, water temp 77F @ 95-128FT. love that prop!!! we moved to the duane for dive #2, buoy D3(stern). once again, snotty blue viz 50FT, very light tidal flow, 77F @ 60-100FT. nothing spectacular, however, always enjoy diving the deep wrecks/reefs without current. pics from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,

pics 1-8 and 13 bibb
9-12 and 14-15 duane

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 116
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 89
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 97
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 95
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 88
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 95
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 94
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 84
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 88
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 82
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 74
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 85
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 79
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 79
  • d7.jpg
    d7.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Great shot with the moray eel. Thanks for sharing again!

Nice report and pics...thought you had retired on us :wink:
Thank you CajunDiva. Nope, not retired, just busy and windy lately.

---------- Post added April 24th, 2014 at 10:30 PM ----------

Great shot with the moray eel. Thanks for sharing again!

Thank you Wiz.

For snotty green water with a lot of particulate you got a nice shot of the prop and either spent lots of time working on backscatter or know something I don't :)

For snotty green water with a lot of particulate you got a nice shot of the prop and either spent lots of time working on backscatter or know something I don't :)
Thank you scubaguy655. processed with lightroom, did not spend more than 2 minutes on any of the photos, did remove some spots. I have found that strobe positioning and power settings (I never shoot my strobes at full power) and shooting a bit on the underexposed side will help eliminate a lot of the particulates.

Is that a royal gramma in the 12th picture?

the fish above the golden phase coney is an adult spotfin hogfish. very abundant(juvenile, intermediate and adult phases) on the duane and to a lesser extent, the bibb and SG. we rarely observe them on the reefs and then usually the deeper tracts,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom