"USB Device not recognized" error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubacastor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

I am a new owner of this great computer and I clearly love it. Unfortunately I think mine apparently has an issue with the USB interface. I've done 3 dives so far and the the sync went well for the first two days. Yesterday back from dive #3, it was no longer recognized by my different PCs under Win7 and XP (does not appear as a drive letter, does not sync, still charge well). I check cables, clean contacts. I fear there's something faulty with the electronic part in charge of USB connections.

I've written a support ticket to UEMIS. I am waiting for their answer. In the meantime, just wondering if some of you had experienced this. I'll let you know about what UEMIS will say.

So I got a reply from my support ticket #27216 on tuesday about my erratic USB problem. I had the usual stuff about cleaning USB contacts and checking cradle and also some parameters to check my internet connection to the UEMIS website but since this is a plug'n play problem rather than an internet issue, it was quite useless for me. I've sent a reply asking for a return authorization and I haven't heard from them since tuesday. With their whole website down, I guess I have to wait.

The unit went back okay by itself for an evening (!) and now is no longer seen at (not even a "USB device not recognized" error. Nothing).

I've also noted the third pin starting from the side where uemis is written is pinkish. Not sure if this is normal or electrolysis ? (wouldn't be surprised considering my usb issues)

Now, I start to be quite pissed off by having one of the most expensive computer on the market which sure has performed really great over 5 dives but with a most likely faulty usb port. Plus their website down does not help at all to provide any help and I assume that with all the people who have sent to support ticket about their problem syncing these days website, getting any help will take more time.

so after another bunch of exchange, the SDA still does not work and the assistance requested me to send the unit back somewhere in Germany. I hope I'll get a quick exchange.

It's interesting to note there's a manual firmware process available. You have to copy a file to your SDA and use a key combination. I guess it would be good to have that possibility a little more publicly advertised in case uemis connect is down again.

Some update with my problem:

The unit was sent from France to Germany on June 6th and reached its destination on June 10th

Today, June 15th, I had an email from UEMIS saying the USB chip was defective and therefore they send me in priority parcel a replacement unit.

Seems like my SDA should show up on Friday 17th or Sat 18th which would mean a door-to-door delay of 12-13 days including weekends and a holiday. Not bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom