US divers: have you bought a UK drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have anyone US citizens ever bought a UK drysuit directly off of the Internet or through mail order? If so, what has your experience been? What pitfalls are out there? Any problems with customs? What kind of duty did you pay?

I purchased a DUI CLx450 from SDS Watersports (sdswatersports.co.uk) several months ago. Transaction was smooth, and I received the drysuit within 5 days(and that was over a holiday weekend) of ordering. They sell the suits for a few dollars over cost for US dealers. The only caveat is that any warranty work has to be sent back to the dealer, rather than direct to DUI in San Diego.

I love my CLx. I have about 50 dives on it now. I guess I was lucky that I didn't have to order a custom size - the stock Large was perfectly suited for me, and fits great.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom