US DIVER Micra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there,first post and just getting into diving again,have the option of buying a set second hand,told its3 years old,consists of Scubapro Classic bcd with air2, US Micra reg{green front},conshelf SE2 first stage and scuba pro DC12 computer.Have read about the Classic vest and it seams to be what i need ,but have not seen any info on the regs or computer.Does someone have any information on them for me or could send me somewhere were i could find a write up.Thanks in advance. Regards Ron

But I really like the conshelf series first stage and love the micra. I buy them all the time. They do have a couple of draw backs. First complaint often heard is the bubble interference. The older units have a small plastic screen for a exhaust cover. This can be easily replaced with the new version for about $5.00 US. The new tee helps a bit. The second complaint usualy heard is when you look straight up or roll over on your back they are hard to breath.

They breath very light, have no weight and are easy to use for long dives without jaw fatigue. They have a few more parts inside than a lot of regs and are a little harder to overhaul but will take quite a beating and will last a long time.

I am having a hard time talking myself into buying anything else because they have served me so well for a really long time. Hallmac

I have had one for many years as my primary and like it exept for the fact..... you guessed it, bubble interferance. I've just put up with it for so long now but I am in the process of getting a new reg. I think I'll go with the SP MK25/G250HP. Other than the bubble interferance it's a great reg.

I've had it for two years and I wouldn't trade it. The bubble interference isn't an issue for me. I have done handstands on the (sandy) bottom and not had any trouble breathing. It's a sweet breathig reg, even at depth.

You don't even notice the tiny second stage floating in your mouth. I've been helping out with OW classes for the last several months and using the LDS's Scubapro regs (assorted models). I feel like I'm trying to hold a brick between my teeth when I use these second stages. The Micra has spoiled me for life.

My only complaints about it are the tendancy to free flow easily at the surface and the fact that the first stage, although quite compact, is so, friggin, heavy. It doesn't make any difference in the water but when you laod 2 of those puppies into a suitcase it feels like you're carrying bowling balls. I don't know about the Conshelf first stage though. It might be different.

What are you paying for this great bounty?

Thanks for the replies,i've got him down too $800aus which seams to be resonable to me,although i'll be up for a service on them straight away.Just wondering with the free flow prob ,these have the + - switch does this take care of that.Regards Ron ps.no reports on the scubapro dc12 computer

Never had a freeflow problem on mine.

i used this very same setup for more than 8 years without any hassles whatsoever. I regularly took it down to 100' + and air delivery remained consistent and comfortable. compact size also meant absolutely no jaw fatigue.

i've moved on to poseidons but i consider the se2+micra a worthy backup.

K

down under Ron once bubbled...
.Just wondering with the free flow prob ,these have the + - switch does this take care of that.

If you are getting the adjustable version just turn down the resistance knob. If you have the non-adjustable version then it was set to light. If set correctly it will breathe very light in dive mode and will not free flow in predive mode. If you want you can pm me I and I will explain how to adjust it.

Hall

The "green front" on the second stage tells me it's the Micra, and not the Micra Adj. I have the Micra Adj, coupled with the USD Cousteau first stage, and it's a great combination. As everyone's said, very light, small profile, some bubbles, but a great breather and quite reliable. Only changes I am planning is an octo upgrade. Probably just get a standard TitanLX/XLT second and call it the safe second.

Curly once bubbled...
The "green front" on the second stage tells me it's the Micra, and not the Micra Adj.

Just so you know the color of the ring is not the best way to tell. You can change the ring to any of the six colors they offer. The body is also offered in two colors Black and yellow. Although the yellow is no longer offered from Aqualung many dealers still have them in stock. The body for both is the same. The difference is in the valve body.

Ring colors: silver, black, blue, green, yellow, pink.

Hallmac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom