US Based Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think (or hope!) what he means by spartan is we're not Aggressor or Explorer or Aquacat - but we're not Blackbeards either. And we don't mean any of that in any sort of negative way - we're just different. We're not polished and shiny all the time, we like to think we're "charming" but some folks might see it as something else. We're a friendly, family-style boat that prioritizes fun and safety, and sometimes the cushions might be a little flat, and there's probably a stain on the other side that just won't come out. But Juliet is a good 'ol bird and the diving is fantastic, the food is great, the crew is salt of the earth (or sea as it might be more appropriate) - and the folks that come out diving with us are just incredible. You'll have a good time - but I'm biased of course!
I hope you join us!
Kat

What Kat said reminds me of cars. You can drive the stretch of road with quite a range of cars and varied price-points, with varied added luxuries. What do you want to pay for a car? $15,000? $25,000? $50,000? When you compare different offerings, pick a price point category/range and compare apples to apples.

Even within a line. Compare the AquaCat to Blackbeards, and you'd wonder why anybody books Blackbeards. Um, maybe because 19 dives for $1,000 vs. 27 dives for $2,500 (roughly) means roughly $52/dive vs. roughly $93/dive? Total trip costs get closer with same airfare, and AquaCat offers nitro, but still...

Richard.

The Juliet has private cabins, unlimited freshwater showers & AC that works pretty well. "Spartan" may have been a bad way to describe her. IMO they have a nice middle of the market spot between bare-bones boats like Blackbeard's and expensive luxury boats like the AquaCat.

On one of my Juliet trips another passenger said that she was somewhat more "Bohemian" than higher-end liveaboards. That seems like a more accurate description :)

Last edited:
Bohemian is an interesting description. I can picture the naked hippy week music, rum, and chunky dunking.

Might be fun now that I think of it kind of a floating burning man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom