*URGENT* turtle dig season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi all. we are trying to finalize details today for a trip to coz. i have done the turtle dig on the island a couple of times but the wife has never been able to. we are planning this trip specifically so she can do it this time.

unfortunately we cannot get to the island as soon as we would like. probably not until nov 9 or so. i have read that the digs are usually over by then but sometimes go til about the 15th.

can anyone confirm when the latest dates would be to "guarantee" to be able to do the dig ? i know turtles dont exactly follow our schedules haha but if anyone has experience with this pls let me know. i would hate to plan this whole trip and find out when we get there that we are just too late.

thx very much for any quick help you can offer
rick

Normally they end on the 15th of Nov. I spoke with Pantera early last month and the Green's nest counts were abnormaly low but earlier this week I heard they have picked up closer to normal. If you can contact Jeanie at dive@trespelicanos.com she can probably give you the best answer to your question. Jeanie teaches the class over at the conservation site on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I will be on the island during that period and my wife will probably come down on that trip as she loves going over and doing turtle rescue.

Normally they end on the 15th of Nov. I spoke with Pantera early last month and the Green's nest counts were abnormaly low but earlier this week I heard they have picked up closer to normal. If you can contact Jeanie at dive@trespelicanos.com she can probably give you the best answer to your question. Jeanie teaches the class over at the conservation site on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I will be on the island during that period and my wife will probably come down on that trip as she loves going over and doing turtle rescue.

Contact Jeanie at Tres Pelicanos, Scuba Diving Cozumel -Dive Packages-Top Rated Cozumel Dive Shop she is involved in the turtle conservation project. she might have some more information.

thank you both for that info !!

I usually start one, then after a couple weeks, someone else takes over the "updates" .... works for me :D

I usually start one, then after a couple weeks, someone else takes over the "updates" .... works for me :D

????

haha gotcha. i was like, " wtf is he talkin about"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom