URGENT (MAYDAY) Diving Philippines in December - Typhoon???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb:
The crossing really wasn't that bad in my experienc. I've had worse trips getting to Gato Island from Malapascua.

See my previous post. I think the government is surprised to be in the limelight of international media and are reacting out of proportion.

jbb:
It is sad that these people don't have more foresight but instead resort to the cheapest and most destructive method of fishing.

Jason

Yeah. We have a long way to go here. It is hard to just rely on education. Sometimes I feel that we should rely on force. Education will follow.

partridge:
Yeah. We have a long way to go here. It is hard to just rely on education. Sometimes I feel that we should rely on force. Education will follow.
That's why I think the "Scuba Police" that are supposedly being implemented in the Philippines (per a previous post on Scubaboard.com) should be for protecting the reefs, not protecting divers from themselves.

partridge:
Now this is just getting ridiculous. The government suspended classes even here in Mindanao. It could very well be the hottest day of the year here.
i can't believe anyone would complain when classes are cancelled... i used to pray for these things when i was studying and now that i'm a teacher, i pray even harder!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jag

partridge:
I guess we really are getting older. It's not such a great thing anymore when you have a 4 year old who suddenly has nothing to do all day. Kinda screws up your morning.

i solved that problem before. i had the child tag around. and if in the sea, the kid would take care of themselves while there, and that means days of intent discoveries for them :eek:)

Give them a lot of things to discover (PLAY) , new things things that involve nature ...

iainwilliams:
Thank you.

We are catching our flight tomorrow morning - all systems GO.

Enjoy your diving and holiday season and I hope you all see wonderful critters beneath the sea. Once again thank you for your replies........Iain & Jolanda
well, by the time you read this you WOULD be in-country... the major storm literally came and went pretty quick... thank god...

hope you enjoy your stay... and YOU OWE US IAN! You owe us a complete dive report when you get a chance!

have a great one! hope the variety is enough to keep you guys occupied

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom