URGENT!!! Largo on 3/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingMonkey

Reaction score
I'm in Bradenton right now and haven't been able to dive allllll week thanks to cruddy conditions...out of all of the places I've tried, they either aren't doing any charters out at all or they aren't getting enough people and cancelling trips. I'm SO FRUSTRATED. I don't want to have come all the way down here with no diving the entire time. I don't know when my next chance will be. I don't know if it's obvious or not, but I'm getting pretty upset at this point...

Tomorrow I have two options, and the first is the trickiest:

1. I really really really wanted to dive at Pennekamp and see the Christ statue, and they also have good shallow snorkeling that I could do with my non-diver boyfriend. I could dive at 9:30am and snorkel at 3 or snorkel at 9am and dive at 1:30. The crappy part is that the weather says that there will be thunderstorms into the morning down there. I can see how that would hinder a snorkel trip, but would it cause the dive trip to be cancelled? We'd have to leave here at 4am to get there in time for either option, which he has said he'd be willing to do, but I don't want to do that if there's a good chance that the trips would be cancelled due to weather. :(

2. No matter what, we're planning to end our night up near West Palm, in Juno Beach. So the second option is to leave here early in the morning and I'll just go dive in that area. The catch? The freaking weather again. They're calling for storms over there all through the day and into the night.

So what do I do? There is also Biscayne National Park, which I remember being good for snorkeling so I'd assume the diving is good as well. But its after hours so I don't know how to find out what their schedule is. And again, the weather is a big factor.

I mean, there are other things I wanted to see, like I really wanted to go to Vizcaya, which is only 4 hours from here....maybe there would be something else in that area to do. Or I mean, we could just go over to Juno and do nothing. BLEH.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice in general. But if you do know Pennekamp's regulations on trips and when they should be cancelled and whatnot, please respond asap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom