Urgent Advise - About to purchase SP S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Little Brown Monkey

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm an aspiring videographer and often I get bubbles interfering with my view. I recently discovered that scubapro has a bubble deflector that you attach to the exhaust vanes of the regulator. Unfortunately, this can only fit the smaller models of S550, S600. I currently use a scubapro G250 which I really like. Please advise me if there is a bubble deflector available for the G250. If not, can you please advise me if the S600 or S550 is superior in performance to the G250 enough to justify the 200USD (approx) shell-out? Should I get the S600 or the S550?

Hope you guys can help me out soon as I have to decide by tonight.

Thanks.

Little Brown Monkey:
Hi Guys,

I'm an aspiring videographer and often I get bubbles interfering with my view. I recently discovered that scubapro has a bubble deflector that you attach to the exhaust vanes of the regulator. Unfortunately, this can only fit the smaller models of S550, S600. I currently use a scubapro G250 which I really like. Please advise me if there is a bubble deflector available for the G250. If not, can you please advise me if the S600 or S550 is superior in performance to the G250 enough to justify the 200USD (approx) shell-out? Should I get the S600 or the S550?

Hope you guys can help me out soon as I have to decide by tonight.

Thanks.

Monkey..in your case i´d make some home made extensions in your g250 reg.exhaust tee.. it will save money (in a new second stage and the large tee that you said )

The G250HP, in my opinion, is superior to the S600 in very department but size, and in this case larger size tends to help in the bubble department. I think the bubbel deflector will help with the S600 but probably won't gain you much compared to a G250.

You could easily DIY extensions with some large diameter heat shrink tubing from the local hardware store, some careful application of heat in specific areas to get the size and shape right and a little rubber cement to hold them in place.

Or you could just go with a double hose reg. They are still available in serviceable condition with new hoses, valves, mouthpieces etc for not much more than the MSRP for an S600. A little familiarization and training is required, and performance is limited compared to a MK 25/G250 but having all the bubbles behind you is superb for photography.

Back
Top Bottom