Upload Videos up to 10MB's!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
That's right. We've increased the allowable file size for videos up to 10MB's from 4MB's

Hopefully this gives users enough space. Let us know if you need more. :)

I tried to upload a video file (.wmv) around 9.5mb but can't seem to get it to transfer. I tried to upload it to my member gallery, also tried to upload it to the "UW video" gallery, also tried to upload it as a .zip file....nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

Howard:

I tried to upload about a two minute video last night. It may have been a little bigger than that. Ive got a bunch of short videos, but I think all will be about 20 MB. Since there do not seem to be any uploaded videos, you might want to see if we can get more allowable size.

Thanks
Duke

That's right. We've increased the allowable file size for videos up to 10MB's from 4MB's

Hopefully this gives users enough space. Let us know if you need more. :)

I am nothing close to an authority on videos but have done a few and maybe can offer some insight and tricks I have learned - speaking at a very amateur level. :D I know that many cameras will record a huge file, but after being simply loaded into Windows Movie Maker then Saved at Best Quality setting, they end up much smaller.

For example, my Canon A540 will use 2 Gb in 17 minutes when setting on the higher quality 640 x 480 but I prefer to shoot that way rather than the 320 x 240 I think is the alternate setting. However...
1-It Saves at Best Quality at 100+ Mb;
2-With a change on the pop-up as illustrated below, one can set a video to save at 9 or 10 Mb and it will probably save somewhat smaller than that. (Actual results will vary; sometimes it's "try this, then try that.")

A video downloaded from camera at 2 GB saved at 9.9 Mb would be very fuzzy I am sure, but - a 2 minute vid shot at 640 x 480 on my Canon would probably download at around 240 Mb, then could probably be saved at around 17 Mb on Best Quality - but would still be okay at 9.9 Mb. I have done heavier compressions on WMM and they weren't bad.

A 2 minute vid shot at 320 x 240 would probably download from my same camera at around around 60 Mb, and could then be compressed on WMM to under 10 Mb ok. I'd rather shoot in 640 x 480 then compress to under 10 Mb later in edit, tho - just explaining some options.

Beezwax, I don't know what problem you encountered. Screen shots of Error Messages help. Dukeh20, you might try compressing a video to under 10 Mb and see how it plays?

Now I did notice that the new limits for loaded are quoted at "2000k file size limit. ZIP file uploads allowed (10.00mb limit)" so you may have to put the video in a Zip file first. I tried loaded a 7.62 video...
1-Straight into a Test Album I have: no luck
2-In a Zip into that same Album: no luck
3-Straight into my Members photos: It said it loaded okay, but I don't see it and the Gallery Search may not be working
4-In a Zip into my Members photos: Same failure.
Instructions indicate that you can upload
"jpg,jpeg,png,gif
mpeg,mpg,avi,asf,wmv,mov"​
So I am thinking we do have a problem.

Well, even tho I did not manage to load one, I do hope that gives you some help - and maybe Howard can be here soon to help us with uploading... :eyebrow:

Attachments

• Screen04.JPG
    Screen04.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen05.JPG
    Screen05.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 89
Hmm... we're at Ocean Fest all weekend... But El Orans and I will look into this. :)

Hmm... we're at Ocean Fest all weekend... But El Orans and I will look into this. :)
Good mornin' - ok, maybe for next week's list? It could have been PEBKAC on me, of course.

I'm going diving. :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom