Upgrading of Digital SLR Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a huge variety of pushbutton and control shaft lengths. Control shafts cannot be re-bend to access a different control. So while you're imagining just "extra" buttons or shafts for new controls, actually there would be a lot of complete replacements required. And new glands, seals, etc. There are no good general answers to your questions. Suffice it to say that your savings would only be the cost of the handle assembly. Which we don't even price separately.

Just out of curiosity... Is Canon offering you any trade in or perhaps a replacement of the camera shell and upgrade?

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hmmm, I'm still not sure I understand how the sums add up. As mentioned, all of the glands and seals have already been quoted for, as the acrylic case?! It's just the cost difference of all the different buttons and levers ... as labour to install for a 20D I'm sure is not too different to a 50D if we did a button count.

Anyway, to answer your question, I haven't approached Canon for an upgrade path from the 20D. But saying that, many years ago I brought one of the first IXUSs while in Japan, which had a problem in the first year. When I sent it back, they replaced it with a brand new IXUS2, but not at my request. Weird hey? Still to this day, I only ever buy Canon cameras (up to my 7th now .. 8th when I go 50D or 5D).

Last edited:
Ahh Wetware....The ultimate consumer...LOL....you are too funny...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom