Update on weekend (18-19) conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove Pt Lobos yesterday, looking for Hole in the Wall. We had about 30-40' horizontally, could see top from 70' (vertically).

Mike: were you on the Cypress in the afternoon?

Posted via Mobile Device

Was there an afternoon charter for the cypress? We were on in the morning. Got back around 3pm.

Ah, cleared up. :). (don't want people thinking I ignored you!)

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't have all the details because I didn't ask.

There was a diver that on the first dive that went down and almost instantly came back up. I had just retrieved my camera and attached it to my rig when the diver came up right next to me. He didn't signal OK, really didn't respond to the crew, started switching to his snorkel but switched back to the reg when the crew told him to. At this point I asked if he was ok, he shook his head no, and I helped tow/guide him back to the swim step. I then proceeded to the anchor line and waited for my buddy. Since the crew let more divers into the water and let us proceed with our dive I didn't give it much thought.

During the SI we found out that he thought he went to 50 feet but when Captain Mark checked the computer he had gone to 112. Not sure what caused him to come back up.

He laid down in the cabin until we started transit towards dive 3 at which time he came back out onto the deck. Since a bunch of us had gotten sick (myself included, but I felt better after :wink:) I just figured he was just a bit sick. Surprisingly he geared up for dive 3 and was one of the first in the water. My brother and I took our time gearing up as I was one of the last out on dive 2 so was trying to get at least a 1 hour SI. As he approached the gate I saw the diver being towed in on his back, kinda stretched out, without his BCD. We waited until we got an ok from the crew before jumping in and then helped them retrieve the BCD (it was floating on the surface).

When we got back the diver was sitting up in the cabin on oxygen but seemed responsive. As soon as the last diver was onboard they pulled anchor and headed in (we were already at the cove). When we got close a lifeguard came out on a board, the crew told us to make a path, and the diver walked out to the swim step and got on the board.

So not sure exactly what happened.

No, you can't scavenge his gear...

LOL,

You are too funny... So I suppose if I had not made it from my ordeal at Pt Lobos, you would have returned my gear safely to me?

You are too kind Mr. Mike....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom