Update on The Scuba Center - Attleboro, MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SadiesMom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got an e-mail from The Scuba Center. They haven't found a new location as of yet and have decided to put whatever's left after the sale in storage until they can find and ready a new store - hopefully within a couple of months. They still have NO plans to close permanently.

On the bad side, they're not going to take any more service work so they can pack up the repair area. Also, they're going to be taking down the compressor next week, so if you need fills, get 'em now.

On the plus side, they've reduced everything left in the store to at least 50% off so they can sell it and not have to store it. Now's the time to buy if you're looking for anything! :)

If anyone has any gear that was in for service, you need to pick it up.

Dang - I was hoping they'd find a new place quickly. Here's hoping!

I just got an email from Duff White at the Scuba Center. He said that Don was putting the Center up for sale. Don has just recently had a medical problem and will retire rather than continue as the owner of the Scuba Center. That's really a shame. I liked them and felt they always did a good job helping me on training and equipment.

With the Ocean State Scuba announcement and this, we now have two LDS operations in this area of SE Mass and NE RI out of business. Must be an opportunity for someone.

Thank you for posting this - I just got the e-mail as well and was going to post it. Having learned to dive and going through all of my training with them, as well as DMing for them for the past 2 years, I'm very, very sad to hear that Don is selling the shop. It had become like a second home to me over the years and I met many good friends through them. I'll miss everyone from the shop :(.

Took a drive by the shop today and it looked closed and empty. Have they sold all the gear/inventory yet? Not trying to be vulture, but if they are open and selling off the remaining gear, I would like to take advantage of a good bargain. Thanks.

LobstaMan

They had a big inventory reduction sale before they closed up in anticipation of the move back in October. As of October 31st, everything left over went into storage. For the time being, my understanding is that Don is hoping to sell the whole business to someone who might want to reopen it (in a new location). I would assume that he would want to sell any remaining inventory to buyer for the whole business. I don't know if he'll change his mind and offer any remaining inventory for sale at a future date...if I hear anything, I'll let you all know...

They had a big inventory reduction sale before they closed up in anticipation of the move back in October. As of October 31st, everything left over went into storage. For the time being, my understanding is that Don is hoping to sell the whole business to someone who might want to reopen it (in a new location). I would assume that he would want to sell any remaining inventory to buyer for the whole business. I don't know if he'll change his mind and offer any remaining inventory for sale at a future date...if I hear anything, I'll let you all know...

Thanks for the info. I should have got down there earlier...oh well.

LobstaMan

It appears for the foreseeable future this place is out of business. Any thoughts on dive shops close to North Attleboro.

I get the gear serviced every winter but now I need a place to take it.

My Friend do no look more....Red's shop (Dive Stride) close the the PVD airport.

I bvelieve maybe Kalipso may be also nearby Attle.

Ed
It appears for the foreseeable future this place is out of business. Any thoughts on dive shops close to North Attleboro.

I get the gear serviced every winter but now I need a place to take it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom