Update on the Monterey conditions, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, those reports really missed the mark. We went down yesterday (Sunday) and dove Monastery. It was flat, no waves and you could easily walk out of the water!! Viz was good - 40 ft or more. A little surge, but not much. Overall it turned out to be a great day of diving.

We checked out the conditions at Copper Roof House and Butterfly before heading over to Monastery and over there is was crap with massive waves breaking - i.e. undiveable.

Just amazing... I guess you just have to go down and look at the beach and see if the swells are crashing up on the shore...

I usually will look at the live cam in Monterey and call the shops and then make my way down... Have been really lucky with that...

However, that never says anything about viz...

yeah, those reports really missed the mark. We went down yesterday (Sunday) and dove Monastery. It was flat, no waves and you could easily walk out of the water!! Viz was good - 40 ft or more. A little surge, but not much. Overall it turned out to be a great day of diving.

We checked out the conditions at Copper Roof House and Butterfly before heading over to Monastery and over there is was crap with massive waves breaking - i.e. undiveable.

Direction counts. The usual swell is NW. This was W, and Monastery
got protection from Pt. Lobos.

Back
Top Bottom