Upcoming Technical Conference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom R:
What no representation from the DIR community :wink:
Tom,

Why don't you come up and represent the DIR community. There is a one hour block set for a discussion panel. This would be an avenue for you to be heard.

DPV

Hey, Steve, what was the vis on the Tiller today??? temp??? I still need to give you a call about getting a tune up. No, not on my attitude but on my van. I'll give you a call next week, she's overdue.

Gatorboy

Hey D33ps1x - for your asparragus - steam them for about 12 to 15 minutes, pour about an ounce of Zia's Gourmet Rasberry Vinegar over them while they're steaming. Quite tasty with stuffed chicken and with a light brown sugar glaze over some baby carrots. I like to cook.

Gatorboy

Hey D33ps1x - for your asparragus - steam them for about 12 to 15 minutes, pour about an ounce of Zia's Gourmet Rasberry Vinegar over them while they're steaming. Quite tasty with stuffed chicken and with a light brown sugar glaze over some baby carrots. I like to cook.

Gatorboy
I like Gatorboy's recipe but unfortunately I am allergic to the stuff.
I am always looking for new ways to prepare mussels however. Maybe a few suggestions from the gang?

Scuba_Steve:
It's ok, I think he needs a new "Squelch" knob for his radio after today, too :)

heheheh

Life's a bloody hoot.

Oh yeah the charter's now going up in price, hehehehe, he can't afford to have us on his boat anymore. Jon keeps telling me to sit the heck down until I'm ready to fall off the boat. He mentioned something about my bipedal grace, plus a few other words that won't make it past the language controls on this board.

He says we should learn how to dive before we go out next. Any chance you've got an hour to spare so we can do the DIRf course? 20mins for lunch, right?

"whambulance". I like that one. That was the first thing I noticed when I boarded this AM.

Steve,

I will have to check the radio in the a.m. Unfortunately we only use top of the line electronic equipment on our boats so that knob could be like buying Poseidon parts. You might have to add a little extra onto gatorboy's tune up to afford the radio repair:)

You know you are always welcome on the boat even if you wet yourself!

Tom R:
Loved to but I don't have the time to explain it that many times. :wink:

I think this thread has become the OFWF (female dog) and complain site. I'm glad spring has sprung and all of us can finally get back into the water.
On a personal note-- if someone breaks their dive equipment because of my charter boats- I fix it. Even if it is a stupid as the diver unscrewing the yoke knob from a reg and then loosing it over the side. I would also expect if someone broke something on the boat, that they would replace it or atleast not make fun of it. If you break the handle off the door of a taxi- the owner would expect you to repair it.

As for recipes-- try wrapping salmon steaks in foil- marinate them in a hot pepper oil and sprinkle with sun dried tomato. I usually put it on the BBQ on med heat and wait until the oil starts to make sounds- then flip and wait 4 minutes. The fish should slide out of its skin and bones.

As for the tech conference-- just like our recipes- we al have different tastes. If you don't like what is on the menu then go to different place to eat. ---Get the point--- if you want to have a DIR conference then I suggest you have one. Just don't go and make a fool of yourselves at someone elses. It would only serve to highten the politics.

"Shut-up and Dive"

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom