Upcoming CCR Training Hawai'i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Dear All

I’m posting regards any interest in rebreather training in the new year. Mike Rowley, the head of technical diving committee of BSAC (the British Sub-Aqua Club), the governing body of recreational diving in the UK, is visiting Hawai'i on January 11th for 3 weeks and has offered to teach a course on Inspiration & Evolution rebreathers. Would any one in your diving facility or among your experienced customers be interested in getting trained?

Mike has been diving since 1976, is a BSAC First Class Diver and National Instructor (No. 91). He qualified as a rebreather diver in 1997 with the Draeger SC unit then moved to the Inspiration in 2000. Much of his CCR training was with IANTD. Dave Thompson, the inventor of the Inspiration, was his instructor. He led the team that developed and wrote the BSAC Inspiration course which we launched in 2004/5. He is currently the BSAC Technical Group Leader and co author of the BSAC technical courses. He now mostly trains instructors and amongst other things is co-authoring the Sentinel training manual.

It's not an overstatement to say that this is a unique opportunity; learning from one of the top 10 rebreather instructors in the world. Throughout his trip, Mike will be presenting on his recent expedition to Lebanon, diving the HMS Victoria himself diving to 153 m and facilitating expedition member Mrs. Frances Jewson to set the world record for the deepest female diver on CCR.

The cost of the course is $1750 + $70 for the course pack material that includes certification. The certification is BSAC air diluent course to 40m with decompression diving. This qualification is internationally recognized and accepted including IANTD, TDI and AAUS.

Mike has agreed to train up to 5 people during his 3 week stay in Hawai'i. The course is very intensive and runs for five full days. Spaces are filling up quite fast, and training for those already CCR qualified can take advanced CCR and TRIMIX courses as required. However, the interest so far generally seems to be in initial CCR training.

Prerequisites for the course:
  • Minimum age 18 years
  • Minimum diver grade of Advance Open Water diver (PADI/NAUI or BSAC Sports Diver equivalent)
  • Minimum of 50 logged dives
  • Hold a valid NITROX qualification
If interested, please let us know ASAP with your dates of availability. We will need a $500 deposit to reserve your spot on the course. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Sonia Rowley & Zoltan Szabo

+1 808 348 6224 (Sonia)
+1 808 204 7224 (Zoltan)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom