Up my nose like a rubber hose!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still here, and still monitoring this and other threads. Do appreciate the additional information and though regarding this phenomenon. Happened to do a little pool time just this last week once again (like to do that after a few months out of the water and before going on a boat dive) and did some practice once again. Was able to start at the surface with mask off and submerge and continue breathing. As soon as I put my mask on and bagan to clear it, I did the head tilt upward thing (not really necessary) I had residual water drain down into my throat from my nose and it was, once again, U.G.L.Y.! I am confident that I can work though an emergency (mask kicked off, strap breaking, etc) and breathe, fix the problem, etc, but I just need to remember to keep my orientation face down! As soon as I tilt face up, I'm really like a river flowing down hill and don;t seem to be able to close off my nasal passage to my throat.

OK - so are you saying that is potentially something medically out of character (not normal) or is this a learned, muscle memory thing I simply need to continue to work hard? By the way, I have talked to many, and have read may posts and feel I am in very good company on this one!!

:confused:

Thanks again,

MAXIMILLION

It's been about a 2-1/2 years of trying. At this point, I think an ENT exam would be worthwhile to see if something's going on that can't be compensated by training -- at least by the type of training tried so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom