Up Date for Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skierch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys-
check out Mask cove this Sunday (9:00AM)- found water temp @ 47--48 Degree & Vis. 10-15 ft. Didn't loose anyone -that a good thing-Kraken - it time to run a line from the gate to the first tree & run a line from the second tree to the wood pile- I am try of not finding the line-The trip to Key Largo was GREAT-
skierch::

Hey, Looney Bird!!
I just made 15 weights for submerged buoys. They are 5" in diameter with a 3" inside diameter and 1" thick.

I have 15 pieces of poly rope 100' long each.

We can use zip ties to attach mooring line to the 1 gallon milk jugs and anchor rings and lay out the course.

First what we need to do is locate the platform and lumber yard and identify with buoys. We can then take the 100' sections, join as necessary and attach an empty milk jug at each end, take the milk jugs to the markers and flood them and descend to the sites. Then we can attach support jugs along the lengths of line at 100' increments.

Any thoughts?

the K

:wink: Kraken,

Who is tying the knots?

Mike

I should have another Dry suit by this weekend and I have a 5mm wetsuit now...if I am not flying somewhere on Sunday we could do this on Saturday...

Smart butt !!!! YOU ARE !!!!!! :D

sound great to me - I will get some tanks filled & will be ready Sunday AM-9:30 ??
skierch

EAN36?
We'll need the bottom time.

the K

Hey I might be in if I can keep my wet suit zipper to keep from falling down

Damn, I may be on a plane tomorrow to Troy, Mi. I may not make it...will keep everyone posted...

Need reels & floats to mark locations- I was thinking of LP 95 Double with 36%--Do I need more?? Mr. K
skierch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom