Unsupervised, unlimited diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Cat Bahamas as well as Blackbeards Cruises, as a matter of fact Blackbeards doesn't even put a DM in the water for dives. Most dive boats are that way and Bonaire is also tops. Grand Cayman shore diving is often over looked.

... I dropped in on the wall for dive 2, swam in, had about 1000 left in the tank, and decided to putter around in the front yard for a while. You can stay down a long time in 6 feet of water ... by the time I came in, dropped my rig, and peeled outta my wetsuit, lunch was over ... :depressed:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I hope you went in the kitchen and asked them to make you up a plate! On our trip a few people decided to do long dives right around mealtime (a couple did dawn dives each day, too) and they arranged ahead of time for a plate to be set aside for them. And there was also a couple who spent waaay too much time in their room :eyebrow: and showed up for dinner late every day.. the staff took care of them. :wink:

robin:D

Okinawa has unlimited shore diving with lots of places to dive around the island. renting tanks is no problem. On our boats non-guided as well as guided dives are offered its up to you. Time limits on boat dives are only set by how long we will be anchored there.

CoCo View, Honduras
Little Cayman shore diving
Bonaire

I had forgotten that the Cayman Islands have three islands. Does Cayman Brac also have shore diving? I have seen spectacular footage and photos from there but do not know if it was boat or shore diving.

I just dove with Conch Republic Divers in Key Largo last weekend and they go to the site and just tell you when to be back on board and not to go into deco. It was the first time I have been on a boat that I wasn't led around by a DM and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I just dove with Conch Republic Divers in Key Largo last weekend and they go to the site and just tell you when to be back on board and not to go into deco. It was the first time I have been on a boat that I wasn't led around by a DM and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

telling you when to be back onboard is not unlimited. We are talking about going out to dive whenever you want, and staying as long as you want.

robin

Dive charters in Puget Sound are unsupervised ... in fact, guided dives anywhere in Puget Sound are pretty much unheard of. Charter operators will generally take you to a site, give you a site briefing, tell you to have a nice dive, and give you only as much help as you ask for getting off and back onto the boat.

For the dive, you are on your own ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Robin, thanks I actually didn't make the distinction, but your right. For the record all of the deep dives with them were unlimited just no deco, but the 30' reef dive was limited to 45 minutes. I realize I didn't say that in the first post, but after you drew my attention to the difference I thought I should be clear in case someone reading this is considering diving with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom